If you are occupied with pursuing a podcast promoting technique to hook up with millennial or Gen Z consumers however don’t seem to be positive if the best alternatives exist to your corporate, take a look at this checklist of podcast promoting stats.
With those ways, you’ll be able to determine podcasters with a price-point and target market goal that is smart to your logo. Then, you’ll be able to paintings with them and leverage their experience via sponsoring the content material they have got made. However, you need to additionally create a local advert that aligns with their dialogue subjects.
We will duvet podcasting’s greatest advertising and marketing alternatives, the place podcasting is headed, and the demographics who track in essentially the most.
Desk of Contents:
Podcasts and Promoting
- In 2022, 82% of entrepreneurs plan to proceed making an investment an identical quantity or building up their funding in podcasts or different audio content material. (HubSpot)
- Podcast advert spending is anticipated to hit $1.74 billion this yr. (Statista)
- 39% of Knowledge Era firms plan to leverage podcast promoting in 2022. (HubSpot)
- The common podcast advert slot prices between $10 to $50, with further top rate charges for displays with top listenership. (HubSpot)
- 18% of U.S.-based firms plan to leverage podcasts and audio content material of their advertising and marketing methods. (HubSpot)
- 54% of podcast customers say that they’re much more likely to imagine the manufacturers they pay attention marketed on podcasts. (Edison Analysis)
- 38% of entrepreneurs running for retail firms say podcast promoting is the media channel with the largest ROI. (HubSpot)
- Podcast promoting earnings is anticipated to go $2 billion in 2022. (IAB Podcast Advert Earnings Document)
- In 2021, there have been over 2 million lively podcasts. (Podcast Insights)
- By means of April 2021, there have been over 48 million podcast episodes. (Podcast Insights)
- Per thirty days podcast listeners grew via 6.1% to 125 million listeners in 2022. (eMarketer)
- 73% of American citizens age 12 and up have listened to podcasts prior to now month. (Buzzsprout)
- Between 2021 and 2022, the choice of other folks over the age of 12 within the U.S. who listened to podcasts greater from 57% to 62%. (Edison Analysis)
- Kind of 79% of other folks over the age of 12 within the U.S. are aware of podcasts. (Edison Analysis)
- 53% of podcast listeners are males. (Edison Analysis)
- 41% of millennials pay attention to podcasts weekly. (Jam Side road Media)
- 53% of guys and 46% of girls pay attention to podcasts in 2022. (Edison Analysis)
- 66% of podcast listeners have a school level and a mean source of revenue of $75,000 in step with yr. (Buzzsprout)
- The largest building up in podcast listenership prior to now yr has come from the ones within the 12-to-34 age team. (Edison Analysis)
Podcast Listener Behaviors
- 38% of other folks pay attention to podcasts per thirty days whilst 26% of other folks pay attention to podcasts weekly. (Edison Analysis)
- Whilst 49% of podcast listeners track in from house, 22% pay attention within the automotive. (Podcast Insights)
- Kind of 30% of other folks find out about podcasts from on-line seek whilst about 20% of listeners say they pay attention about them from different pals or phrase of mouth. (Buzzsprout)
- Podcast listeners are much more likely to possess a sensible speaker. (Buzzsprout)
- Podcasts are the #1 audio supply via time of intake amongst podcast listeners. (Edison Analysis)
- 50% of podcast Tremendous Listeners agree that podcast advertisements are one of the best ways to succeed in them. (Edison Analysis)
- Millennials and Gen Z are 5% much more likely to hear podcasts for pro causes than older generations. (EX-IQ)
- Kind of 50% of purchaser provider reps have listened to a podcast at paintings. (EX-IQ)
- Whilst 39.2% of people that pay attention to podcasts no less than per thirty days pay attention by the use of Apple Podcasts, 26.4% use Spotify. (Buzzsprout)
- Greater than part of millennials pay attention to tutorial podcasts. (EX-IQ)
- 62% of podcast listeners say they would be much more likely to proportion podcasts with pals in the event that they have been ready to proportion one brief section or spotlight of it, somewhat than a whole episode. (EX-IQ)
- In 2021, dynamic advert insertion accounted for 84% of podcast promoting earnings. 40% of podcast advertisements have been host-read. (IAB Podcast Advert Earnings Document)
- The quantity of branded content material in podcasts greater via just about 82% between 2020 and 2021. (Chartable)
- In 2021, 55% of podcast advertisements have been 16 to 30 seconds. (IAB Podcast Advert Earnings Document)
- Greater than 38% of podcast ads are offered and bought on a quarterly foundation. (IAB Podcast Advert Earnings Report)
- Just about 94% of podcasters fee for advertisements with cost-per-mille pricing. (IAB Podcast Advert Earnings Document)
- NPR notes that 75% of its podcast listeners will reply or take motion after listening to backed content material. (Nationwide Public Media)
- Pre-roll advertisements greater in earnings proportion from 22% in 2020 to 32% in 2021. (IAB Podcast Advert Earnings Document)
Taking into account podcast promoting?
As you will have observed from the stats above, podcasting is rising in reputation — particularly amongst more youthful generations. And whilst it’s frequently regarded as a type of “leisure,” podcast content material may also be extremely flexible.
As an example, even supposing millennials or Gen Z pay attention to podcasts that function interviews with giant celebrities, they will additionally pay attention closely to smaller displays that teach them about new traits or information that affects their existence or occupation.
As a result of there are such a lot of podcasts, and such a lot of listeners with purchasing possible, you could wish to imagine podcast sponsorships on your long term promoting plan.