If you are feeling just like the app TikTok got here out of nowhere, you are no longer flawed.
Since launching in early 2018, TikTok’s been coated through reputedly each and every primary information newsletter and racked up tens of millions of downloads globally.
In spite of TikTok’s primary early good fortune, the app nonetheless seems like just a little of a thriller, particularly to entrepreneurs. If truth be told, till not too long ago, its mum or dad corporate, ByteDance, hasn’t disclosed many metrics in any respect.
In TikTok’s first 12 months, all we truly knew used to be that an odd-ball video app used to be going viral, topping world app retailer charts, and gaining an enormous fanbase from Gen-Z.
Even though you continue to are not reasonably certain what TikTok is, you may have most likely noticed a video meme on social media that used to be created and printed within the app first. This is one for instance of a TikTok put up which went viral on Twitter:
Now THIS is a tiktok I may just watch all day pic.twitter.com/u1dBkH2OAa
— 🌸 Alexandra Daniels 🌸 (@alexdanielsxo)
July 11, 2019
When making choices about your social technique, you are most likely extra excited about numbers than virality as evidence of an app’s endurance.
As anyone who is gotten sucked into the app, blogged more than one instances about it, hearted loads of posts, or even made a couple of embarrassingly mature movies of my very own, I am moderately positive that this platform will stick round for reasonably a while. However, fortuitously, with mounting information on TikTok, you do not simply need to take my phrase for it.
That can assist you make knowledgeable choices about your technique and whether or not TikTok is correct to your logo, I have compiled a listing of 28 fascinating stats and details to grasp prior to venturing directly to the app.
29 TikTok Stats to Know in 2021
Userbase, Downloads, and Expansion
Inside TikTok’s first 12 months, it reportedly reached 500 million monthly active users. Questioning if this used to be only a fluke or a viral development that can simmer down? Suppose once more. Consistent with TikTok and its corporate heads, the target market may well be better and extra promising than we expect.
- In September 2021, TikTok celebrated attaining 1 billion per 30 days lively customers. (TikTok)
- Musical.ly, a lip-syncing app which ByteDance purchased and merged with TikTok, reportedly had 100 million per 30 days lively customers when it used to be bought through TikTok in 2018. (The Verge)
- Douyin, TikTok’s authentic standalone app in China, had 300 million customers on the time Musical.ly merged with TikTok. (The Verge)
- In 2020, TikTok used to be probably the most downloaded app globally (850 million downloads), adopted through WhatsApp, Fb, and Instagram. (Apptopia)
- TikTok is the Most sensible Unfastened App within the Leisure segment of the Apple App Retailer. (Apple App Store)
Whilst TikTok’s consumer base is dominated by Gen-Z in the United States, many millennials have followed it all over the world.
And, even if it could really feel like TikTok is very large within the U.S., the app’s greatest target market in truth comes from China, the place the platform is known as Douyin.
Here is a breakdown of TikTok’s primary demographic stats.
- 35% of TikTok’s world target market is between the ages of nineteen and 29, and 28% is beneath 18. (Business of Apps)
- As of December 2020, TikTok has 69.5 million per 30 days lively customers in america. (Statista)
- As of April 2021, 48% of U.S. adults between 18-29 use TikTok, in comparison to 20% of adults between 30-49 and 14% amongst 50-64 12 months olds. (Pew Research Center)
- One-quarter of American citizens between 12 and 34 have used TikTok in comparison to 3% of adults elderly 35+. (MarketingCharts)
- 51% of worldwide TikTok customers are male and 49% are feminine. (Hootsuite)
- TikTok is now to be had in additional than 200 nations. (Oberlo)
- Over 22.2 million of TikTok’s per 30 days lively customers are in Indonesia. (Statista)
TikTok is a fast moving app. The second one you log in, you see a video at the top of a feed that is algorithmically curated round your pursuits. In case you benefit from the video you are looking at, you’ll be able to follow, comment, and like the content directly from the video post. If you are no longer loving what you spot, you’ll be able to stay swiping in an upward movement to right away see extra strange movies.
From my very own revel in, I have discovered that TikTok can simply purpose you to spend extra time than anticipated looking at an never-ending circulate of regularly comedic movies. Since those movies are generally between 15 seconds and one minute, it makes the app preferrred for individuals who want fast leisure on their morning shuttle or when they are bored at house.
As a result of TikTok’s fast tempo and leisure issue, the stats beneath are not that unexpected:
- The common consumer spends 89 mins consistent with day at the app, in keeping with a leaked deck from TikTok. (Music Business Worldwide)
- As of September 2021, there are 14.43 million day by day lively customers the use of the TikTok Android App and the typical consumer spends 12.3 hours monthly the use of it. (Statista, HootSuite)
- TikTok is likely one of the maximum downloaded apps within the Google Play Retailer. (Statista)
- More youthful customers elderly 4-15 spend a median of 80 mins consistent with day at the app. (Qustodio)
- Consistent with a leaked TikTok deck, the typical consumer opens the app 19 instances consistent with day. (Music Business Worldwide)
- There are 30.8 million world DAU at the TikTok iOS app as of September 2021. (Statista)
- TikTok customers on Android now spend extra time looking at content material at the app than they do on YouTube. (App Annie)
Viral Developments and Influencers on TikTok
Like YouTube, Vine, Instagram, in addition to different previous and provide video apps, TikTok has opened doorways for influencers, comedians, meme creators, or even some manufacturers. Whilst it is nonetheless just a little too early to look how a success its influencers and developments will likely be ultimately, listed here are a couple of fascinating tidbits:
- Probably the most adopted author on TikTok is dancer Charli D’amelio with 123.5 million fans. Following shut at the back of is Khabane Lame with 115 million. (Wikipedia)
- One of the crucial earliest branded hashtag demanding situations used to be Guess’ #InMyDenim challenge. Consistent with TikTok, movies marked with this hashtag have gained a grand overall of 38.8 million perspectives. (TikTok)
- Rapper Lil Nas X credit the good fortune of his music “Outdated The town Highway” to TikTok. The music used to be propelled to #1 at the Billboard Most sensible 100 in 2019 after the artist uploaded it to TikTok. (BuzzFeed News)
Here is a compilation of TikTok’s #CowboyChallenge the place folks dressed in standard clothes reduce to themselves in cowboy costumes to the music “Outdated The town Highway.”
Industry, Earnings, and Festival
The release of TikTok no longer handiest put its mum or dad corporate, ByteDance, at the map, nevertheless it additionally led to pageant from apps like Fb, which introduced an excessively identical app referred to as Lasso in a while after TikTok went viral. Whilst TikTok and ByteDance are much less clear about earnings and different primary main points, here is what we all know:
- TikTok now gives 5 promoting tiers geared toward giant manufacturers. Considered one of which, a branded hashtag problem, reportedly prices $150,000 consistent with day. (TikTok Pitch Deck Notes First Reported through Digiday)
- TikTok generated an estimated 1.9 billion in earnings in 2020. (Business of Apps)
- In October 2020, TikTok made $115 million on in-app purchases from customers. (Sensor Tower)
- TikTok has a 4.9-star score within the Apple App Retailer and four.4 within the Google Play Retailer. (Apple App Store, Google Play Store)
- Bytedance, TikTok’s mum or dad corporate is valued at $75 million, making it the sector’s most precious startup. (CBInsights)
The Mysteries of TikTok
Even if TikTok is a best social platform and is ramping up its choices for advertisers, it is nonetheless fairly new. When an organization or startup is new, it is not unusual for management to cover early numbers, even if a logo is a success. If truth be told, we now have noticed this with different primary corporations like Snapchat and Netflix.
In spite of the release of TikTok For Business in mid 2020, there’s nonetheless much more to be informed as TikTok’s world groups and ByteDance proceed to stay hush-hush about primary metrics. Within the coming years, as TikTok continues to attract in additional advertisers, it wouldn’t be unexpected if we began to look extra clear details about the app and its consumer base.
The place to To find TikTok Stats
Within the intervening time, If you wish to be told extra about TikTok, you’ll be able to learn up on its short history and early success in this post, or click here to find a how-to guide for the use of the app. As well as, you’ll be able to uncover necessary TikTok details app on more than a few web pages:
Wish to see what different companies are doing on TikTok? Take a look at this roundup of manufacturers on TikTok.