Lately one in every of our readers requested us to offer some WordPress stats, info, and analysis to lend a hand persuade their boss on why they should use WordPress. Although WordPress is the preferred web page builder on this planet, infrequently recognition by myself isn’t sufficient for customers to make up their intellect. On this article, now we have compiled an final checklist of WordPress stats, info, and different analysis to help you persuade others to start out the use of WordPress.
The Fundamentals: What’s WordPress?
It’s necessary to not confuse WordPress (the tool) with WordPress.com which is a hosted resolution. To be told extra, see the variation between WordPress.com vs WordPress.org in our side-by-side comparability.
It began when two customers of a running a blog tool known as b2/cafelog made up our minds to take the tool in a brand new course. The speculation was once coined by way of Matt Mullenweg who was once then joined by way of Mark Little and in combination they launched the primary model of WordPress on Might 27, 2003.
Since then, WordPress has advanced from a easy running a blog tool to a CMS, web page builder, eCommerce platform, and extra. To be told extra, see our article in regards to the history of WordPress.
WordPress is a neighborhood tool and hundreds of customers from in every single place the arena have contributed to it by way of filing code, solving insects, translating, checking out, and serving to others use it.
Let’s check out some WordPress stats and info to peer how WordPress helps other folks do good things on the net.
How In style is WordPress?
WordPress is immensely common and is utilized by thousands and thousands of other folks in every single place the arena. Listed below are some numbers to place issues in standpoint.
- WordPress powers greater than 30% of all web pages on the net.
- It additionally holds just about 60% of CMS marketplace proportion. No different website builder software comes shut.
- WordPress powers web pages for big name brands together with Disney, Sony, Fb, and extra.
- 14.7% of best 100 Internet sites are powered by way of WordPress.
- Greater than 22% of all new domain names in the US are operating WordPress.
- On a daily basis greater than 1014 WordPress websites and 496 WooCommerce stores sign up for the highest 10 million web pages tracked by way of W3Techs.
Plugins are like apps to your WordPress web page. You’ll be able to set up them so as to add new options on your website and prolong its capability. To be told extra, see our information on what are WordPress plugins and how do they work?.
Listed below are some mind-blowing info about WordPress plugins, which display simply how large the WordPress ecosystem is.
- There are greater than 50,000 loose WordPress plugins on WordPress.org plugin listing by myself.
- 3 of the ones plugins are put in on 5 million+ web pages.
- 19 top WordPress plugins are put in on greater than 1 million web pages.
- The most well liked eCommerce plugin, WooCommerce is put in on greater than 3 million web pages with 43 million all time downloads.
Those stats are from WordPress.org plugin listing by myself. Many plugin builders promote top class variations in their plugins from their very own web pages.
With a wholesome plugins ecosystem, it implies that you’ll upload customized capability on your web page at a fragment of the price of customized construction.
Issues keep an eye on the illusion of a WordPress web page. Those are WordPress explicit web page design templates that you’ll set up to your web page to switch its glance.
There are literally thousands of loose and paid WordPress issues to be had providing WordPress customers an unending aggregate of design, structure, colour schemes, and lines.
- Issues had been first presented with WordPress 1.5 again in 2005, with the primary new default WordPress theme known as Kubrick
- Similar to plugins, there are each loose and paid WordPress issues that you’ll set up.
- WordPress.org’s loose theme listing has greater than 5,800 loose WordPress issues.
- In step with Builtwith, Genesis theme framework is the preferred theme utilized by 17% of web pages analyzed by way of their carrier.
- Hundreds of issues are bought by way of Commercial WordPress theme shops with a median value of $40 in keeping with theme.
WordPress is essentially the most repeatedly used CMS tool on this planet, which additionally makes it a commonplace goal of hacking makes an attempt, DDOS assaults, malware, and trojans.
- In step with Sucuri, a number one web page safety corporate, 83% of all CMS primarily based web pages that had been hacked in 2017 had been operating WordPress. This quantity isn’t unexpected making an allowance for that WordPress holds 60% of CMS marketplace proportion.
- Sucuri additionally reported that 39% of hacked WordPress web pages had been the use of an old-fashioned model of the tool. That’s why you will have to always use the latest version of WordPress to your web page.
- Just about 50% WordPress websites are suffering from a safety vulnerability led to by way of an old-fashioned or poorly coded WordPress plugin or theme
- Round 8% of WordPress websites had been hacked because of a susceptible password.
You’ll be able to make your WordPress website as protected as imaginable by way of following some elementary safety best possible practices. To be told extra, see our whole WordPress security guide for step-by-step directions.
Steadily the stats above purpose WordPress to get a nasty popularity, however the fact is that WordPress itself isn’t insecure. WordPress core is going thru rigorous safety audits, and it’s extra protected than many different platforms in the market.
The one fault WordPress has is that it’s common which results in stats like above.
WordPress has a large consumer base unfold throughout in every single place the arena. It’s utilized by now not simply companies, but in addition governments, schools and colleges, non-profits, and extra.
As an open supply venture, WordPress is pushed by way of an international neighborhood of customers. Which means that someone can give a contribution to the venture in many alternative techniques.
- WordPress translation neighborhood has it totally translated into 56 languages, in part translated in dozens extra.
- In 2017, WordPress communities world wide arranged 128 WordCamp occasions, in 48 international locations, and bought 39,625 tickets.
- In 2017, Native WordPress communities arranged 4,379 meetups in 73 international locations
If you wish to give a contribution to WordPress, then see our information on how to get involved with WordPress project.
The WordPress Financial system
WordPress has a thriving billion buck ecosystem that creates hundreds of jobs in every single place the arena. This additionally comprises freelancers, builders, and firms that promote WordPress similar services.
- On the time of writing this text, freelancer.com web page by myself had 564,010 WordPress jobs posted out of those 13,680 had been open.
- Hundreds of WordPress jobs are lately open on many common freelancing web pages.
- Moderate hourly charge for WordPress builders may also be anyplace between $20-$100 in keeping with hour relying on their experience and task to hand.
- A custom WordPress theme with its personal distinctive design and plugins can value $10,000 and it’s going to building up relying on venture’s necessities.
- There are masses of small and massive companies, companies, and builders promoting WordPress similar merchandise. See our checklist of the most influential WordPress businesses and companies and what they do.
We are hoping this text helped you find some new WordPress stats, info, and fascinating analysis. You may additionally need to see our article + infograph on 25 interesting facts about WordPress.
The submit Ultimate List of WordPress Stats, Facts, and Other Research seemed first on WPBeginner.WordPress Maintenance