Few plugins upload as many options to WordPress as WooCommerce does. With one instrument, you’ll be able to take this Content material Control Gadget (CMS) and upload the entire capability you wish to have to set up an online store. On the other hand, that’s most effective conceivable if you understand how to configure WooCommerce settings successfully.
On this article, we’ll stroll you thru all the settings WooCommerce gives, and discuss how one can configure them.
Let’s get proper to it!
WooCommerce Normal Settings
Whenever you install and activate WooCommerce, you’ll be able to navigate to WooCommerce > Settings. You’ll land at the plugin’s Normal settings display:
The primary settings you wish to have to configure contain your retailer’s location. If you wish to send merchandise or be offering receipts, you’ll want to come with your retailer’s bodily deal with. That implies the town and nation the place it’s situated, a complete deal with, and a ZIP code.
Afterwards, you’ll want to come to a decision which international locations your retailer will promote to. If you happen to’re transport bodily merchandise, you want to specify the place you’ll be able to send to. That method, shoppers out of doors of your retailer’s “vary” gained’t be capable of make purchases.
In spite of everything, Default buyer location tells WooCommerce what location to make use of because the default for brand spanking new customers. This will also be your retailer’s location, or you’ll be able to permit geolocation for extra correct effects.
The following segment within the Normal settings display offers with taxes and coupons. WooCommerce doesn’t calculate gross sales taxes through default. On the other hand, you’ll be able to make a choice to permit that possibility if you need the plugin to calculate taxes during checkout (you get to configure the charges).
WooCommerce additionally contains a full-featured coupon system that allows you to create bargain codes that you’ll be able to proportion with shoppers. The coupon gadget is became on through default, and you’ll be able to additionally permit customers so as to add a couple of codes for a unmarried acquire. You’ll be able to even set discounted charges when shoppers observe a couple of coupons:
The closing segment permits you to make a choice the default forex in your retailer and alter the location for that forex’s signal (proper or left):
Final however now not least, you’ll be able to additionally alter the separator characters that WooCommerce makes use of for costs. On the other hand, the default choices will have to paintings for many customers.
WooCommerce Product Settings
WooCommerce’s Product settings web page contains 3 sub-sections. Let’s get started with the Merchandise > Normal settings.
Normal Product Settings
We’ll start through having a look at the entire choices this settings web page contains:
Right here’s what each and every environment can do:
- Store web page. This menu permits you to make a choice which web page WooCommerce will use for the primary store. By way of default, the plugin will create a brand new Store web page in your web site.
- Upload to basket habits. This environment determines what occurs when a buyer provides a product to their cart. You’ll be able to redirect them immediately to their cart, or use an AJAX button that permits them to stay buying groceries.
- Placeholder symbol. This feature allows you to set a picture as a placeholder for merchandise that don’t have screenshots or photos.
- Weight and dimensions unit. With this feature, you’ll be able to configure the dimension devices your retailer will use for weight and dimensions.
- Allow critiques. You’ll be able to permit product critiques, display which critiques are from shoppers who in reality made a purchase order, and come to a decision whether or not most effective the ones patrons will have to be capable of go away critiques.
- Product scores. You’ll be able to use this environment so as to add a celebrity ranking gadget (from one to 5) to each and every product. There’s additionally an possibility for making product scores required when shoppers go away critiques.
We suggest that you just use the AJAX possibility when shoppers upload merchandise to their carts. That method, you’ll be able to inspire customers to stay including merchandise as an alternative of leaping immediately to the checkout web page.
Product Stock Settings
The Merchandise > Stock settings display is helping you arrange inventory for your retailer:
Let’s check out what each and every environment does:
- Arrange inventory. Turning off this feature disables all stock-related settings. You will have to most effective disable this should you deal completely with virtual merchandise.
- Grasp inventory (mins). As soon as a buyer provides a product to their cart, this environment makes a decision how lengthy the shop “holds” it for, in case anyone else needs it.
- Notifications and notification recipients. Those settings configure when WooCommerce sends notifications and to which electronic mail deal with(es).
- Low inventory threshold settings. You’ll be able to come to a decision what number of devices represent “low” inventory in your retailer, so that you get a notification concerning the state of affairs. The Out of inventory threshold environment will have to all the time stay at 0.
- Out of inventory visibility. This environment allows you to come to a decision whether or not to turn merchandise in the event that they’re out of inventory.
- Inventory show layout. You’ll be able to configure WooCommerce to turn exactly what number of merchandise you’ve got in inventory, to just display low inventory notices, or not to display inventory amounts in any respect.
We suggest that you just configure WooCommerce to carry inventory for purchasers for an inexpensive time period, reminiscent of one or two hours. Outdoor of that window, they’re unlikely to finish the purchase, so it’s absolute best to disencumber the inventory for different patrons.
Whether or not to show inventory amounts is as much as you. On the other hand, maximum retail outlets don’t show actual inventory numbers, and go for low-stock warnings as an alternative. In lots of instances, appearing shoppers that you’ve low inventory ultimate might advised them to complete their purchases immediately.
Downloadable Merchandise Settings
The WooCommerce Merchandise > Downloadable merchandise settings display governs the configuration for virtual pieces. If you happen to most effective promote bodily items, you’ll be able to skip this web page:
Let’s wreck down what each and every environment does and how one can configure it:
- Record obtain approach. By way of default, WooCommerce “forces” downloads. Downloads will get started routinely, and the web site will disguise the recordsdata’ URLs. You’ll be able to additionally decide to make use of two sorts of redirects in case direct downloads don’t paintings.
- Permit the usage of redirect mode. This environment allows you to permit redirect downloads if the “pressure” approach fails.
- Get admission to restriction. You’ll be able to come to a decision whether or not visitor guests can obtain recordsdata or need to sign in earlier than gaining get entry to. By way of default, WooCommerce will grant get entry to to downloads after fee whilst the order remains to be “processing”.
- Filename. This environment permits WooCommerce so as to add distinctive strings to each and every filename for safety functions.
Typically, we advise the usage of the default Power downloads approach with the redirect backup possibility enabled. Moreover, chances are you’ll need to permit visitors to make purchases and obtain recordsdata. On the other hand, prompting customers to sign in as an alternative will enable you save their knowledge for advertising functions.
WooCommerce Delivery Settings
WooCommerce contains 3 other transport configuration pages in your retailer. Let’s get started through speaking about transport “zones”.
When configuring WooCommerce settings, you’ll be able to upload a number of transport zones. Those are the spaces the place you offer shipping. You’ll be able to configure distinctive transport charges and techniques for each and every zone:
If you choose the choice so as to add a transport zone, WooCommerce will ask you to set a reputation for it. You’ll be able to additionally make a choice what areas the zone will come with:
You’ll be able to upload as many areas as you need inside a unmarried zone. It frequently is smart to team areas in shut proximity.
Whenever you configure the zone areas, click on on Upload transport approach. There you’ll be able to choose from flat fee and unfastened transport, or native pickups:
A particular zone may have multiple transport approach to be had, and you’ll be able to configure the settings for each and every one at a time. As an example, listed here are the choices for the Flat fee transport approach:
WooCommerce allows you to alter the title of the transport approach and resolve whether or not it’s taxable. For flat fee transport, you’ll be able to set a particular worth that can observe to each and every acquire.
Different transport strategies, such because the unfastened or native pickup choices, don’t require you to arrange any prices. As an alternative, you simply want to resolve when each and every possibility will turn into to be had:
Whenever you configure the zones you need to paintings with, it’s time to speak about the extra common transport choices.
Managing shipments comes to extra than simply deciding to which zones you’ll be able to ship merchandise to. You additionally need to imagine how one can display shoppers transport prices, and which addresses WooCommerce will have to default to for brand spanking new orders. The ones are the settings that the Delivery > Delivery choices tab covers:
Let’s stroll thru what each and every of the ones settings does:
- Calculations. If you happen to permit this feature, shoppers will see transport prices after they get entry to their buying groceries carts
- Delivery vacation spot. This environment allows you to come to a decision whether or not the plugin will have to default to the transport or billing deal with that registered shoppers have entered prior to now.
- Debug mode. Enabling debug mode will save you WooCommerce from caching transport zone knowledge. That implies the plugin will calculate transport prices each time shoppers load their buying groceries carts.
Enabling a transport prices calculator can support the person revel in. If you happen to don’t display transport prices till the client reaches the fee degree, they may draw back on the ultimate fee and come to a decision to cancel their acquire.
In a similar way, defaulting transport locations to the client’s billing deal with help you save you fraud for your retailer. If anyone makes an attempt to make use of a bank card that’s now not theirs and enters a unique transport deal with, that environment will pressure them to make use of the cardboard’s billing deal with as an alternative (thus combating the acquisition).
WooCommerce allows you to arrange transport “categories” for grouping identical merchandise, so they’re delivered the usage of explicit strategies. As an example, you’ll be able to have merchandise which might be most effective to be had for native pickup or for flat-rate transport:
To create a transport zone, click on on Upload transport magnificence. WooCommerce will ask you to set a reputation, slug, and outline:
Click on on Save transport magnificence, and that’s it. Whilst you create or edit a product in WooCommerce, any transport categories you create will seem below that product’s Delivery settings.
WooCommerce Bills Settings
The WooCommerce Bills tab allows you to configure which fee choices are to be had in your retailer. By way of default, WooCommerce gives a couple of choices, together with PayPal, money on supply, and financial institution transfers.
You’ll be able to select and make a choice which payment gateways to permit the usage of the Allow column, and edit their settings through clicking on Arrange subsequent to each and every one:
If a fee processor is already enabled, the Arrange button will as an alternative learn Arrange. Every fee possibility comes with its personal distinctive settings. To learn extra about each and every of them, we advise trying out WooCommerce’s documentation for its core payment options. You’ll be able to additionally add more payment gateways to WooCommerce the usage of extensions.
WooCommerce Accounts & Privateness Settings
The Accounts & Privateness settings let making a decision whether or not customers can create Buyer accounts, what keep an eye on they have got over their knowledge, and whether or not to permit visitor checkout:
Let’s move over the primary set of choices in this web page:
- Visitor checkout. Right here you’ll be able to permit shoppers to pay with out registering, and to log into their accounts right through the checkout procedure.
- Account advent. You’ll be able to permit customers to create an account right through the checkout procedure or from the My Account web page (which WooCommerce units up for you). WooCommerce additionally allows you to routinely generate usernames and passwords for brand spanking new accounts.
- Account erasure requests. To stay in line with privacy laws, we advise enabling customers to erase their knowledge out of your database upon request.
- Private knowledge removing. With this feature, customers will be capable of take away their previous order knowledge with out your enter.
Typically, it’s absolute best to let customers make a choice their very own usernames and passwords. This means gives a extra user-friendly revel in.
The second one part of the WooCommerce Accounts & Privateness settings enable you arrange registration and privacy policies in your web site:
You’ll be able to additionally resolve how lengthy your web site will retailer person knowledge for earlier than deleting it from the database.
WooCommerce Emails Settings
WooCommerce routinely units up over a dozen other automatic emails that it sends when customers sign in, make a purchase order, refund an order, and so forth. Right here’s a snappy have a look at the WooCommerce Emails settings display:
If you happen to click on at the Arrange possibility subsequent to any electronic mail, you’ll be capable of edit the message customers will obtain. That incorporates its topic, content material, and layout:
WooCommerce allows you to use a number of placeholders when customizing emails. The ones come with:
Whenever you’re pleased with the contents of each and every electronic mail, click on on Save adjustments.
This display additionally allows you to configure the “sender” for campaigns and alter your electronic mail kinds:
Customizing electronic mail kinds is unassuming. WooCommerce allows you to set a header symbol, alter the footer textual content incorporated with each and every message, and alter the default colours. You’ll be able to additionally flip at the Allow electronic mail insights approach to obtain “educational” emails from WooCommerce, in case you need further steering.
WooCommerce Complex Settings
The Complex settings display features a large vary of extra configuration choices. This display contains six sub-sections, so let’s get started with the Web page setup choices.
Web page Setup
The Web page setup display allows you to set the site for important pages in WooCommerce, such because the checkout and My account pages:
WooCommerce automatically sets up pages for those key purposes. You’ll be able to additionally designate distinctive URLs for Checkout and Account endpoints. The one requirement for endpoints is that each and every slug should be distinctive.
Leisure API and Webhooks
The Complex settings tab additionally allows you to create an API key or a brand new webhook in your retailer. Right here’s a snappy have a look at the Webhooks display:
Growing webhooks and API keys is an intricate procedure, and it’s most effective vital if you wish to have to grant out of doors apps get entry to to WooCommerce knowledge. You’ll be able to learn extra about how to create WooCommerce APIs and generating webhooks within the plugin’s documentation.
The WooCommerce.com settings display allows you to permit WooCommerce.com to gather details about your retailer, which it is going to then use for building functions:
You’ll be able to additionally disable the Display Ideas environment. This may occasionally forestall WooCommerce from appearing you extension suggestions as you configure the plugin’s different settings.
Final however now not least, the WooCommerce Options settings display permits you to take a look at new options which might be nonetheless in building. Precisely what’s to be had right here is determined by which model of WooCommerce you’re the usage of:
Take into account that trying out options which might be nonetheless in building might result in insects or mistakes inside your web site. So it’s absolute best to check out them out on a staging site first.
Configuring WooCommerce settings will also be intimidating, for the reason that plugin gives this type of large vary of choices. On the other hand, WooCommerce additionally offers you a number of steering, making it a quite easy procedure to set your retailer up good.
For a brand new store, you’ll want to configure product and transport settings, in addition to the fee processors you’ll use. Whenever you care for the ones basics you’ll be able to transfer directly to the extra complex settings, reminiscent of privateness choices and electronic mail notifications. After that, you’ll be able to get proper to paintings selling products through your online store.
Do you’ve got any questions on configuring WooCommerce settings? Let’s discuss them within the feedback segment under!
Featured Symbol by way of Makyzz / shutterstock.com
The submit How to Configure WooCommerce Settings gave the impression first on Elegant Themes Blog.WordPress Web Design