YouTube has skilled explosive expansion because it was once based in an workplace storage in 2005 and has since unfolded avenues for manufacturers and content material creators alike.
Take a look at those 2022 YouTube stats in regards to the platform’s cellular utilization, demographics, subscriber expansion, ROI, and historical past.
- Content material
- ROI and Utilization
- Subscriber Enlargement
- Historical past
YouTube Stats Each Video Marketer Must Know in 2022
Normal YouTube Stats
- Over 500 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube each minute. (Statista)
- Over one billion hours of movies are watched on YouTube each day.
- “Child Shark Dance” via Pinkfong Children’ Songs & Tales is essentially the most watched video on YouTube, with over 11 billion perspectives since 2016.
- YouTube has greater than 2 billion customers.
- According to a customized Nielsen meta-analysis, a full-funnel YouTube technique drives 10% upper ROI in comparison to consciousness promoting by myself. (Suppose with Google)
- A contemporary find out about presentations that YouTube advertisers see Consciousness codecs using 28% in their conversion assists. (Suppose with Google)
- 75% of other folks surveyed say promoting in YouTube movies makes them extra acutely aware of new manufacturers or merchandise,1 whilst 70% of them say they purchased a emblem because of seeing it on YouTube (Suppose with Google)
- A 2021 Google find out about discovered that on reasonable, YouTube full-funnel advertisers see their consciousness campaigns force succeed in this is 75% extra incremental than their motion campaigns. (Suppose with Google)
- 51% of U.S./UK customers use YouTube to analyze or to find merchandise to shop for. (GWI)
YouTube Content material Stats
- 65% of Gen Z agree that content material that’s in my opinion related to them is extra essential than the content material that a whole lot of people discuss. (YouTube)
- There have been greater than 65 billion perspectives of movies associated with ASMR in 2021. (YouTube)
- 76% of Gen Z agree that YouTube has essentially the most content material that permits them to deeply discover subjects they’re fascinated with. (YouTube)
- 82% of Gen Z have used YouTube to observe content material with the intention to really feel nostalgic. (YouTube)
- 83% of Gen Z have used YouTube to observe soothing content material that is helping them calm down. (YouTube)
- 78% of other folks agree that they use YouTube as it serves them with content material that’s in my opinion related to them. (YouTube)
ROI and Utilization via Entrepreneurs
- YouTube channels with 100K-1M fans have the best engagement charge. (Influencer Advertising Hub)
- On maximum social platforms, engagement charges typically pattern down as follower rely grows. On YouTube, the other is right. The common engagement charge on YouTube for content material creators with over 1 million fans is 4.06% whilst the typical charge for the ones with 1K to 5K fans is best 2.04%. (Influencer Advertising Hub)
- 77% of video entrepreneurs use YouTube to host movies. (HubSpot Weblog Analysis)
- When requested which social media platform introduced the best engagement charge, 500+ entrepreneurs ranked YouTube moment best. (HubSpot Weblog Analysis)
- YouTube is essentially the most widely-used platform amongst video entrepreneurs utilized by 88%. (Wyzowl)
- 56% of entrepreneurs surveyed in 2022 say YouTube provides the largest ROI, score #2 in the back of Instagram. (HubSpot Weblog Analysis)
- Entrepreneurs plan to take a position essentially the most in YouTube in 2022. (HubSpot Weblog Analysis)
- 27% of entrepreneurs surveyed in a Video Advertising Document say they plan on making an investment in sharing movies on YouTube greater than some other platform. (HubSpot Weblog Analysis)
- YouTube ranks moment best in producing leads when sharing advertising and marketing movies in the back of Instagram. (HubSpot Weblog Analysis)
- 44% of influencers leveraged YouTube for his or her campaigns in 2021, up 8% from 2021. (Influencer Advertising Hub)
YouTube Cellular Stats
- 21.2% of the worldwide site visitors on YouTube in 2021 got here from cellular gadgets. (Statista)
- Greater than 70% of YouTube watch time is generated from cellular gadgets.
- In Q2 of 2021, cellular gadgets accounted for 63% of YouTube viewing time international. (Statista)
- In 2020, YouTube was once the fourth most well liked IOS app after ZOOM, TikTok, and Disney+.
- in December 2021, 72% of respondents elderly 18 to 34 years used their smartphones to observe on-line video content material weekly. (Statista)
YouTube Demographics Stats
- Millennials accept as true with YouTube greater than some other technology. (HubSpot Weblog Analysis)
- 81% of U.S. adults say they use YouTube in 2021, up 8% from 2019. (Pew Analysis)
- YouTube draws essentially the most guests from India, the USA, and Indonesia. (Statista)
- YouTube is the second one maximum visited web site on the planet. (Hootsuite)
- 82% of U.S. adults who determine as male document the use of YouTube. (Pew Analysis)
- YouTube is to be had in additional than 100 international locations.
- YouTube is to be had in 80 languages.
YouTube Subscriber Enlargement Stats
- YouTubers jointly earned a record-breaking $300 million in 2021, up 40% from the former yr. (Forbes)
- T-Collection, a Hindi song channel, is the most well liked YouTube channel with 171 million subscribers, adopted via PewDiePie with 109 million subscribers.
- The most well liked branded YouTube channel is LEGO, which has over 10.04 billion perspectives. (Statista)
YouTube Utilization Stats
- YouTube is the arena’s second-largest seek engine. (Seek Engine Magazine)
- Audience are 4 instances much more likely to make use of YouTube to seek out details about a emblem, product, or provider (as opposed to different platforms). (YouTube Advertisements)
- YouTube is the moment maximum visited web site in the back of Google.
- YouTube customers jointly watch over 1 billion hours of content material day by day.
- Nearly all of the preferred YouTube movies are song movies.
- 70% of audience say that YouTube makes them extra acutely aware of new manufacturers. (YouTube Advertisements)
- Audience say they are two times as most likely to shop for one thing they noticed on YouTube. (YouTube Advertisements)
YouTube Historical past Stats
- “YouTube.com” was once activated on February 14, 2005.
- “Me on the zoo” was once the primary video uploaded to YouTube on April 25, 2005.
- Google bought YouTube for $1.65 billion on October 9, 2006.
- YouTube introduced InVideo advertisements in December 2007.
- YouTube streamed the USA presidential debates for the primary time in 2012.
- Some of the youngest a success YouTubers is Ryan ToysReview, who’s a 8-year-old boy who makes $22 million a yr and has 22 million subscribers.
- The tune “Gangnam Taste” which surged in recognition in 2014 broke the video’s view counter.
- The first YouTube video to achieve 1 million perspectives was once a 2005 Nike advert that includes soccer celebrity, Ronaldinho.
- The YouTube video that won essentially the most perspectives in 24 hours is BTS’s “Dynamite” song video, which attracted 101.1 million perspectives in one day.
- The maximum favored video on YouTube is the song video for the tune “Despacito” via Luis Fonsi that includes Daddy Yankee, with over 49 million likes.
- YouTube’s personal YouTube Rewind 2018 video is essentially the most disliked video at the platform. It has won over 19 million dislikes and owns an 86.60% dislike proportion.
Editor’s observe: This put up was once in the beginning printed in February 2019 and has been up to date for comprehensiveness.